Friday 7 November 2014

Friday night with Friends

Cheryll, www.stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au, is hosting the Friday night  with Friends. I was browsing her blog when I noticed that there was a sign up to join the FnwF. I decided to join the group and last night was the first sewing night.

I felt lousy with a horrible cold, but it was not going to stop me. It was a "Christmas" theme  sewing night.  I had been home for 3 weeks recently, and one of the things I did was to tidy my craft shelves. I found the book where I had doodled some patterns a few years ago and forgot  all about them. I had drawn this pattern to use my wooden stocking buttons. So I decided to start this embroidery for the FnwF.


I enlarged the design slightly and then traced it onto linen with a brown marking pen.

 

 
I chose a red Cottage Garden Thread to make a red work embroidery.
 
 
 
This is as far as I got with sewing last night.
 
 
I sat there sewing and kept thinking that there were quite a few fellow bloggers out there doing the same thing. I must say that it was a nice feeling. I believe that there were 45 people involved with the FnwF. The next sewing night is Friday, 5th December.
 
Thank you, Cheryll, for hosting this.
 
 
Have a lovely weekend.
Yvonne


12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just lovely! It is going to look gorgeous with your stockings x

KERYN B said...

Your stitchery looks really gorgeous can't wait to see it finished.

Radka said...

Friday night with friends sounds a such good idea, I might join you next time :-)
I look forward to seeing your stitchery complete,
xx

Helen said...

Beautiful work look forward to seeing it finished.and welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne hope you are feeling better soon and boy I do love this sitters,well done my friend.xx

Cheryll said...

What a wonderful project to work on at FNwF...& I hope you are feeling a little better too.
Looking forward to seeing it done.
Thanks for joining in...xox

Christine M said...

I love your fireplace, Yvonne. I hope you're feeling much better. xx

barb's creations said...

Welcome to FNWF's, I just love your stitchery and look forward to seeing what it becomes so don't forget to include a finish photo when you get the chance :) Barb.

Sue said...

I've popped over from FNwF. Lovely stitchery!

Bev C said...

Hello Yvonne,

The thread you are using is stitching up so nicely. Have fun with the rest of it.

Happy days.
Bev.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice stitching.......

Abby and Stephanie said...

You are so talented. It'll be wonderful with stocking buttons hanging from the mantle.