Saturday 24 November 2012

Jacaranda time and a day with a blogging friend

We have 2 jacaranda trees in our garden. The one in the backyard was already there when we moved in 26 years ago. The one in the front was put in by my husband some years ago and it is his pride and joy! This year, the flowers have been glorious and this photo does not do the tree justice. When one stands under the tree, it feels as if your world has a purple hue to it.


 
Jacaranda tree in front garden


 

 
Close up of jacaranda flowers



 
Last week I met a blogging friend. She was visiting Sydney with an overseas visitor and we decided to meet up for the first time. I decided that a walk along Sydney Harbour would be a nice way to see Sydney and also a visit to Nutcote ( May Gibbs' House) along the way . May Gibbs is Australia's  equivalent to Beatrix Potter. We met at Circular Quay and caught the ferry to Neutral Bay ( where Nutcote is)  and walked to Cremorne Point-- and caught the ferry back to Circular Quay.



2 visitors to Sydney 
 
 
 
View from Neutral Bay across to Sydney Harbour
 
 
 
A jet boat on the harbour trying to do a fast turn
 
 
 
A Masked Lapwing ( a new bird species that has come to live in suburbia in the last few years)
 
 
 
 
 
Kangaroo Paw Flowers ( an Australian native flower)
 
 
 
Kookaburra in the backyard
 
 
I enjoyed the day with a fellow blogger and we hope to repeat this meeting soon. We did conclude our time together by visiting the patchwork shop that I usually frequent. Of course a patchwork shop had to come into the meet.
 
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely day you had Yvonne,gorgeous pics.xx

Tatkis said...

Wasn't it a perfect meeting?
Some walking, lots of talking and a patchwork shop!
It was a pleasure to meet you!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Solstitches said...

The Jacaranda tree is glorious Yvonne.
Lovely p[icture of Tatyana and her friend. How nice to spend the day with like minded friends. A visit to the patchwork shop must have been the cherry on top :)

Margaret

Chookyblue...... said...

love my jacaranda's.......I have heaps in the garden........at least 17.....gorgeous when in flower.......

what a beautiful spot to go with a blog friend.......

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

What a lovely day...I haven't been to Nutcote, but will put it on my to do list. Lea

Houseelf said...

What a lovely day. I am amazed at how different the flora and fauna is in Australia to here. The colour on that Jacaranda tree is gorgeous- worthy of a stitchery design with that shaped trunk.

I haven't heard of Nutcote! Please tell me more. :-) I am a fan of Beatrix Potter.

Unknown said...

At the busiest time of the yer it's lovely to read about a friend taking some time :).....

stacy said...

how gorgeous is this tree , absolutely amazing I would like so much to have on like that in my garden, first time I see one good evening